Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cheesy Tortellini Bake

Today I decided I was going to try to stop eating out, so I found a bunch of recipes and started to cook. The first recipe I decided on was Cheesy tortellini bake. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, there's a link below. Everyone that knows me knows I like pasta and I like cheese, two of my favourite things in one place.

I changed a couple things in this recipe according to past reviews and what I actually had in my fridge. I used prosciutto and cheese tortellini instead of plain cheese, the meat in it helps cut the richness I think. I also used baby spinach instead since it's not as bitter and a pre-grated mozza-cheddar blend in a bag. And, I used less sauce then it said, this was based on the other reviews, half a jar of alfredo and 3/4 of the jar or a roasted tomato and garlic sauce.

I think it turned out really good and probably took less then the 30 minutes it said it would, I would maybe add more veggies next time to try to make it a little less intense. It says it's for 6 servings but you could easily make it 8 depending on what size cooking dish you use.

Here's the link and a photo!

Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment