Sunday, October 20, 2013

Basic Lasagna

One of the other new Le Crueset dishes we bought was a lasagna dish. I was pretty excited because while I have a couple dishes that are the same shape, I didn't have any that would fit a whole lasagna noodle. I sort of wanted to make a bechamel lasagna but we kind of waited too long to start dinner so we stuck with a basic one. So here is a basic recipe that I started with. I would recommend doubling it and having a higher lasagna so it's a bit more filling. Next time I would also add a carrot or two, some celery and an onion all chopped up to the base with the tomato sauce and ground beef. For some extra filling and veggies. We cut this into 12 squares, but because it was thin I would only do 9.

Ingredients

1 large jar tomato sauce, I used a Vodka Tomato for a bit more added base flavour
1 pound ground beef
12 lasagna noodles, cooked (or no bake, whatever you have)
500g Cottage cheese or ricotta
Grated Mozza (as much as you want!)

Directions

Cook ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Once cooked, add the jar of tomato sauce and simmer for 5-20 minutes. As long as you have time for to add to the flavour.

Smear a little of the meat sauce mixture on the bottom of the lasagna dish so the noodles don't stick, then begin the layers.

Three noodles beside each other, 1/3  meat sauce mixture, 1/3 cottage cheese and 1/3 mozza. Do this three times and cover with the final noodles. Cover with mozza and foil  and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes or until the top layer of cheese is nice and bubbly.



No comments:

Post a Comment