Thursday, January 2, 2014

Savoury Cheesecakes

For my birthday I got a mini cheesecake pan (which is exciting in so many ways!) I was dying to use it. It was my friend Briana's Birthday and I wanted everything I brought to say "Bri". I topped these with some Jalapeño Jam we had made in the summer. Theses were pretty easy to throw together and I actually made them at the same time as the cupcakes with Strawberry Rhubarb frosting. This is an original recipe I came up with, just for Bri!

Savoury Cheesecakes

Ingredients:

8 oz or 1 package light cream cheese
1 package Boursin cheese - Any flavour, I used Herb and Garlic

6 Breton Vegetable Crackers - Any good quality cracker will work here
1 Egg White

1/2 Cup Jalapeño Jelly

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 300ºF

Put crackers in food processor to crumble evenly, once they are just crumbs pour in egg white to help them clump together. Divide and spoon into the bottom of the 12 wells of the mini cheesecake pan (a mini muffin pan would probably also work for this recipe, you may want to line them). Place in heated oven for about 10 minutes or until crisp and come out looking like new little crackers.

Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and boursin cheese together in a bowl.

Once the bottoms come out of the oven, start placing spoonfuls into the wells on top. The heat will help the cheese to form to the cracker bottom and hold it all together. I used a mini "ice cream" type scoop and pressed the cheese mixture into each one until they were all fairly even.

Remove from the pan once cooled and top with Jalapeño Jelly.

Makes 12 mini cheesecakes. I didn't get a picture of these ones, but that way you can make them until they look good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment