Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry With Rice

I was teaching one of my friends to cook and thought I`d start with something simple like stir fry. There`s no recipe for this, just add the veggies you like with the meat you like. I paired it with `Summer White` wine from House of Rose. It balanced out the spiciness. Here`s what I did and added.

2 Chicken Breasts (Defrost & Cut into Bite sized chunks)
1 Stalk of Broccoli
1 Piece of Celery
1 Carrot
1 Can of Water Chestnuts
1 Red Pepper
Golden Dragon Stir Fry Sauce
1 TBSP Chili Paste
Garlic Flakes
Onion Flakes
5 Pepper Blend (Epicure)
Chicken Stock

I cooked my rice in Chicken Stock because it adds a good flavour to it and ties it to the Stirfry.

Add 2 TBSP of oil to the Wok and cook your chicken. (Till its White, not pink)
Add all the spices to the chicken and let it sit on it. (2 Mins)
Add The water chestnuts & Carrots (2 Mins)
Add the red pepper & broccoli (2 Mins)
Pour in some chicken stock to get the spices off the bottom of the Wok. This is called Deglazing.

Stir it together for a minute or 2 and remove it from the heat. Serve with the rice (or noodles if you want)

This turned out great and made about 4 servings.

Here's a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment