Monday, July 23, 2012

Szechwan Seafood

I wanted to make something that was more on the healthy side versus my usual red meat or pasta choice. I decided on some Seafood, with a kick. I bought the biggest scallops I could find - about 1 - 2 inches in diameter and some large (pre-cooked, deveined) Shrimp.

I made this exact recipe from All Recipes with the exception of I added in the scallops and used fresh ginger instead of from a spice jar.

Since my shrimp were already cooked I put them aside while I seared the scallops in a small amount of the oil, onions and garlic on both sides until they were a medium brown. While the scallops were cooking I took the tails off my shrimp.

After I took the Scallops out of the pan I added a touch of butter and put about 1/4 of the pan "drippings" into my basmati rice I had cooking. Helped marry the two together I thought - as I served the seafood on this.

I had taken a reviewers suggestion and premade the sauce, I put in a small saucepan - 1 to 2 qt let it come to a boil and then threw my Seafood in. I let it all simmer together for 3-5 minutes.

I served it on top of the rice with the extra sauce on top and beside a Spinach, Strawberry and Avocado salad. I paired this with the Grey Monk Gewurztraminer.

I will definitely make this again however I'll add more chili flakes and ginger for sure. I generally like my food a bit spicier.

Picture to follow.

Szechwan Seafood

No comments:

Post a Comment