Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baked Shells

Today I decided I needed to start using random things in my fridge. Most perishable = cheese, spinach. I have kilos of cheese in my fridge, freezer and garage. Seriously. The recipe I chose has alot of cheese in it;


  • 1 cup ricotta cheese

  • 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided

  • 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese (1/2 pound).



  • I didn't have mozza in a ball but I had grated mozza so I used that. And I have a parm-gouda blend cheese that I used instead of the regular parm. Its not quite as strong. I changed a few things to fit with what I have in the kitchen. Another thing I changed was it wanted me to make my own tomato sauce, I had one in the pantry so I used it. I have never in my life used frozen spinach, I also always use baby spinach.

    Not going to lie, it smelt a bit funky after I poured the tomato sauce on top but it was really good and I made it be 6 servings so I could freeze some. I used Antico Roasted Garlic Sauce, how it tastes could depend on what sauce is used. Its not even that cheesy tasting for the amount that's in it.

    Here are pictures and the link. Its not the best looking dish, but it was really really good.




























    No comments:

    Post a Comment