Sunday, March 13, 2011

Banana Bread

I buy banana's for the sole use of using them in banana bread. I will look at them on the banana hanger for a week until they are the nicest shade of brown and then its time for banana bread! I chose this recipe because it had so many bananas in it. A lot of recipes I had found before only used a couple of banana's, but I want so many in there you wonder how it stays together. I added some extra spices to the original recipe just to add some warmth to the bread. I recommend a metal masher for bananas, especially if they're not quite brown yet.


Banana Bread
(Adapted Slightly from Here)

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups overripe bananas - about 5-6 bananas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a loaf pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

In another bowl, mash your bananas! I recommend a metal masher.

In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas until well blended.

Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. If you leave anything un-hydrated if will stay that was after baking. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

I topped the one below with walnuts about half way through baking.



No comments:

Post a Comment