Saturday, September 15, 2012

Savory Spaghetti

This is a recipe I found in Self Magazine. It, of course, was about one of the different diet plans they seem to have every few months. I had most of the ingredients so I figured I'd change it up and give it a try. My adapted recipe is below!

Here's the original recipe:

Serves 1

3 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1 TBSP creamy Peanut Butter
1 TBSP Orange Juice
1/4 TSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Cups chopped Kale
1 TSP Olive oil
2/3 Cup cooked whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 Cup Cannellini beans
1 TSP Scallions sliced

- Combine the first four ingredients in bowl until smooth. Natural PB works better for this.

- Saute Kale in olive oil until wilted.

- Add spaghetti, beans and peanut sauce.

- Stir until warmed through

- Serve with Scallions.

________________________________

Mostly I just made this dish simpler and to fit what I had. I had a spicy peanut butter in my pantry (Peanut Butter Co) so I used that, which gave it quite a bit of extra heat. It has many different peppers and chilis in it. I used spinach instead of Kale and I didn't use beans or scallions. I did substitute shrimp which I'd peeled and steamed quickly instead. Shrimp was made for peanut satay sauce. Tonight I also used my own pasta that I made in the last post! The home made pasta was amazing. And once I get it all figured out I may never buy pasta again.

Here is my adapted recipe:

3 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1 TBSP creamy Peanut Butter
1 TBSP Orange Juice
1/4 TSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce

2 Cups chopped spinach
1 TSP Olive oil

Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl or measuring cup

Saute spinach in oil

Add cooked pasta and Sauce, stir until warmed through.

____________________________________

I doubled the recipe and was left with some extra sauce, you could probably do 1.5 times for 2 people, if you don't like it super saucy then just that recipe will be fine for the sauce.

I forgot a picture, because it just looked so tasty. But I'll make it again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment