Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes (With Sprinkles!)

Let me just start by saying that these are the best pancakes I've ever made. Maybe ate. I was sceptical of the greek yogurt in them. But sprinkles = fun so my skeptisim went away. I found them through twitter, I follow Kitchen Magpie (You should too). These are definitely the best thing I've seen and made from twitter.

I had all the ingredients, except cream - so I substituted milk. I also used no fat greek yogurt, as its what I had in my fridge. Made me feel like they certainly weren't the worst thing I could be eating in the morning. I added some sprinkles to the batter bowl and sprinkled some on the pancakes as they were cooking, definitely the best part. If you have pancake molds, these pancakes were perfect for them. Since the batter is super thick (like a cake), it stays in form. We found these were actually better without syrup because they had such good flavour.

I cooked mine on a well (breakfast) seasoned cast iron griddle, so they turned out a bit darker then I would have liked. But thats the risk of cast iron. Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm obsessed with Le Creuset. But they turned out great. I will definitely make these again. And they made enough for 4 (like the recipe says!) which means my boyfriend and I got them two days in a row!

Heres the link and a photo!

Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes


No comments:

Post a Comment