Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cinnamon Buns

Cinnamon buns surprisingly don't have that much cinnamon in them. Not the recipe I used anyways. There's very little to be changed in baking and this recipe had the reviews to back it up.

I made extra frosting - because, I know my people. Other than that, I don't have a bread machine so I did it the old fashioned way. I have a big old jar of yeast so I used that and I used butter instead of margarine. I did a bit of kneading with my hands but I used my kitchen aid mixer with the dough hook mostly.

Here is the tip from another reviewer:

"Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Then pick up with rolling out the dough. Hope this helped!"

When I let things rise I always turn my oven on to about 180-200 and once its heated turn it off - I then let the dough rise in the oven with the door slightly open. You won't get a better rise. Cover it with a damp cloth or towel though - it can get a bit crusty.

I baked mine at 350 for about 17 minutes - they turned out the same. We were in a bit of a time crunch and my oven takes a long time to heat. More than those extra 2 minutes.

This recipe is 100% fine on its own though - I've made it several times.

Clone of a Cinnabon

No comments:

Post a Comment