Monday, July 23, 2012

Margarita Cupcakes

Dare I say these are probably my favourite cupcakes I've ever made? Yes.

My friends and I wanted to have a bit of a girls day and although I have a bit of an OCD about baking and cooking in my own kitchen I sort of let them help. Since there were 4 of us and we all wanted something out of this recipe we doubled it and made 50 cupcakes.

Be warned, this takes a long time- mainly the icing. And I'd highly recommend practising Swiss Meringue Butter Cream before you try it with other people. However - plain buttercream has NOTHING on this egg based recipe. I also had enough left over to pipe decorate a single layer cake after also doubling it. You probably don't need to.

Other than the doubling the only thing I did differently was tint the icing green for St Pats and added extra tequila - I'd suggest a decent one. Although you don't taste it heavily, it is there and you'll regret a foul tasting one. Truthfully, I'd probably add more if I made these again but they were pretty well perfect the way they were.

Here's the recipe: Margarita Cupcakes

And a photo!


I may have turned the speed on my mixer Waaaay up instead of locking it. If you look behind me you can see the mess on the counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment