Monday, July 23, 2012

Pretzel Bites & Beer Cheese Dip

I made these once for a New York themed party and they will now forever be a staple in my home.

I doubled the recipe which made about 2 Large Freezer bags full of these - OR 1 Large Freezer Bag and 9-1- Full sized Soft Pretzels. If you're going to double the recipe you either need to work in 2 batches or have a 6 or 7 Qt Mixer. My 5 Qt could hardly handle a single.

Every one loved these at my party and now I get so many requests to bring them to other parties, camping, ect. I changed nothing (except I used salted butter so I took out the salt). I love them. That simple.

Pretzel Bites

I did also make this Beer Cheese Dip below to go with them at one point - another hit. It also will work great as a fondue. Note that it will solidify and separate if not over heat or warm. Easy to bring back though through a double boiler or back in the sauce pan.

Here's the recipe:

3/4 pound Sharp Cheddar
1 TBSP Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
1/2 tsp Sweet Paprika
2 TBSP Butter
1 Clove Garlic - Chopped/Grated
3/4 Cup Ale or Pilsner
1 tsp Worcesetershire

Cut the cheese into Cubes about 1.5cm.

Toss the cheese cubes with the Cornstarch, mustard and paprika.

Melt Butter in a sauce pan, add the garlic until soft.

Pour in beer (I used Canadian) and Worcestershire and bring to a slow simmer.

Gradually add cheese until Melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment